Grilled Salmon with garlic lime butter is the BEST grilled salmon recipe you’ll ever try! The flaky and crisp texture mixed with the garlic lime butter is simply irresistible. The garlic lime butter is so good, we even used it on Grilled Corn on the Cob! Just wait until you see why we are so obsessed with this salmon recipe.
In just 30 minutes or less, you’ll have dinner on the table for a simple weeknight meal everyone will enjoy. Serve it with a few sides like Grilled Vegetables, and Creamy Mashed Potatoes to complete the meal.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Grilled Salmon Recipe:
Break out the BBQ for this Grilled Salmon with Garlic Lime Butter and eat like you’re on vacation! Cooking salmon on the grill adds incredible smoky tones to salmon and the flavored butter takes it over the top with fresh summer flavor.
Your dinner guests will be humming over this salmon recipe. It will become your go-to for grilling season and you’ll make it again and again!
This grilled salmon recipe is easy-easy-easy with just 15 minutes of marinating time. It’s quick and incredibly flavorful since you’ll use more of that sauce while it is sizzling on the grill, and then drizzle the reserved sauce just before serving which gives it unbelievable flavor!
Ingredients for Grilled Salmon with Garlic Lime Butter:
No need to go to a million different stores on a wild goose chase for any oddball ingredients for this recipe! Simple yet flavorful is the motto here! Just grab a few basic ingredients and you’ll be ready to get grilling your salmon.
Tools for Grilled Salmon:
This recipe is simple and does not require any fancy equipment. Here are the tools we use to make it easier and safer to grill salmon.
1. In a small saucepan, melt butter and add smashed salt, black and garlic pepper. Simmer until fragrant then add dill and lime juice and remove from heat. Transfer half the sauce to a bowl and set aside remaining sauce in saucepan to brush the finished salmon.
How to Grill Salmon:
1. Brush tops of salmon filets with 1/2 of the sauce from the bowl. Marinate in the refrigerator while preheating the grill.
2. Preheat grill to medium/high (350F-400F) and oil the grates. Place salmon onto grill, skin-side-down. grill and Cover over medium/high for 3 minutes.
3. If needed, then carefully flip over, cover and cook another 2 minutes, Loosen salmon with a spatula. Flip again and brush tops with the remaining sauce in the bowl. Cover and continue grilling just until salmon is flaky and cooked through (another minute, or according to grilling chart below).
4. Transfer to a platter and drizzle with sauce reserved in the saucepan (if butter has hardened, heat just until melted). Garnish with fresh dill and serve with lime wedges.
Salmon Grilling Tips:
How Long Do You Grill Salmon?
So you know how long to cook salmon on the grill, we created this salmon grilling chart. Follow these salmon grilling guidelines for med/high heat (350F):
Like Salmon? Try Our Top Salmon Recipes!
Don’t get stuck in a salmon rut, there’s so much you can do with it meaning the recipe options are endless! Get started on the options now by trying some of my all-time favorite salmon recipes. Each one is even better than the next!